Thursday, January 6, 2011

Divine Intervention

      It amazes me how often God will work in our lives and how we fail to see even the little things. I know He's with me everyday, but I fail to see all the goodness He brings. A few weeks ago, Kylie and I were getting ready to do some Christmas shopping and we were about to head out the door when I realized that my car keys weren't on the key hook. I quickly started to think about where they could possibly be when I realized Matt had the keys last. So I called him at work, and after he checked (several times) we realized he had them! He works in L.A. so I obviously couldn't get them from him. So much for shopping! I was a little frustrated, but not TOO upset. We don't go somewhere every day, but things change when you CAN'T go somewhere. I couldn't help but think that perhaps I wasn't meant to drive out in the rain and go shopping that day. Who knows what could have happened? God was protecting me. I know some may say that it was merely coincidence, but I don't believe it was. I need to be more thankful in His work in my life and be grateful even in the NOT SO GREAT circumstances. I'll leave you with a bible verse from the NLT:

"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Adriana. God is involved in the smallest details of our lives. I just need to stop and notice. He is an amazing God--He loves us so much and blesses us mightily.

    ReplyDelete